Against Divorce

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Worst Day - The Death of A Loved One.

One morning I woke up to a phone call. I heard my sister say " Great Grandpa died". That was honestly the worst thing I have ever heard. Considering I just woke up, i was still in a daze and wasn't sure if i had heard right. So i raced down the stairs and asked my younger siblings and my mom if it were true, and it was. That was the worst day. We started to get ready to go to my great grandma's house to be with her and make plans for the funeral and everything. When we entered the room everyone was crying and talking about how great he was. I couldn't take it. Everyone crying just wanted to make you cry any more. Just as soon as my face would dry up, someone would say something and tears would just come out. I must say it was comforting for all the aunts and uncles(his kids and grandchildren), to be together. That's one thing that I love about our family. Well the one side anyway. But No matter what happens we stick together and actually get closer. Now that's amazing. My great grandpa and I were close. Closer than all the other great grandchildren. One of the reasons would be because since i was 2 or so, me and my grandpa would always wink when we first said hi to eachother and when we said bye. We did that EVERY time through out my whole life. Even down to the week before he died, the last time i saw him. Which was memorial day. He really gave his last "umf" and really put it out that day. I think he knew that it would be the last time he'd be at the family gatherings. I think all of us kinda knew. The last thing he said to me was "We will never forget that,will we?" as he winked at me for the last time. And i won't ever forget that because that is one of the things that me and him did that NO ONE else did in our big family. I think that is why is was the worst day of my life so far because i felt like i lost a connection with someone i have had for my entire life and that is hard on someone when you don't know the specific time or when anything like that will happen.

No comments: