Against Divorce

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Election '08- Who Will I Choose?

Everyone is speaking of the upcoming election in November; Democrat Barack Obama versus Republican John McCain.
They speak of who is better, who holds firm beliefs, who will effect the economy, who will deal with the war against Iraq and mainly who will "change" the government for the "better".
To be quite honest, I believe this election is ridiculous. I feel both candidates occasionally change there stand with certain things like abortion, foreign policy, economic affairs, and especially there religious views.
If a soon-to-be president is questioning their own ideals, how will they be able to deal with we, the people's issues and questions?
What makes this election not only slightly confusing, but that my ideals range in both the democratic and republican parties and therefore twists and tangles my vote. Therefore the outcome could vary and thus could put a dent in the election.
I've thought many times about just not voting, since I personally don't really have a particular candidate i'd vote for. In fact, i'd rather my father to be president than our candidates for president.
But the more I think of not voting, I realize that it's important that I do play my part as a U.S. citizen ( sappy i know) and vote for the person that i lean towards to as far as morals, my beliefs, and what will concern me as a person.
As I do more indepth research, I hope knowledge is brought to my attention as to whom i should vote for.
My upperbody leans into McCain, but my lowerbody leans into Obama. Who should I pick?
At the moment, I have no CLUE!!!

No comments: