Against Divorce

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Faith of a Mother

This evening; rather this morning I had been working night shift and after everything was done I decided to do my regular online "checks". (You know, Facebook...Myspace...Hotmail...etc) The next thing I new, I was typing in a website that I rarely look at. d...a...n...n...i...f...r...a...i...n.......c...o...m. As I pressed enter, the page of a girl I once knew popped up. New pictures ran down the left hand side of the page, and I scanned the page for any new blogs her mother wrote. Ahh...One from yesterday! As I began to read, tears were brought to my eyes with sadness yet amazement.
This girl is the same age as me. Had dreams that still live. Went to College. Basically a typical 19 year old girl. However, that changed when they found out she had brain cancer earlier this year. She's had numerous surgeries, along with being in and out of the hospital.
It's sad which is the partial reason of which why it brought tears to my eyes. But another thing that I cannot get over, that amazes me beyond compare, is her mother.
She writes, and keeps everyone updated on danni's health.
Not only does she fill in about what's going on, but she brings so much hope.
Imagine; your daughter having type 4 cancer. It would be awful. Most of us...ALL of us would NOT know what to do.
But no, this mother is caring, hopeful and remains faithful.
She brings so much life into her writings. Not only that but she has INCREDIBLE faith.
I can't fathom that to be honest. I would want to blame and question God; who knows what I would really do.
This mother, however, builds God up. She praises him for all the things she does have; and thanks him that her daughter is still alive. She remains faithful and has a complete instinct that God is going to do something miraculous.
I'm speechless...beyond with no words to describe.
I hope to enlighten you.
Would/Do we have that much faith in a situation like this or would we just outway God and just helplessly wait on the sidelines?
Or Would we have faith of a mother?

No comments: