Against Divorce

Monday, January 19, 2009

Update- School and Such

So I arrived at Kent State University friday night and moved in my dorm, Centennial D, Saturday afternoon. It was quiet. I could hear snow fall from the roof; that's how quiet.
But I liked it. It was calm. Although I had to move everything in by myself, which wasn't exactly fun, it was nice. So far no roommate and i'm crossing my fingers for there not to be this semester. I feel like that could way me down perhaps. Or just create a boundary to concentration. Living by myself I can do what I want to do, when I want to do and I like that. . . very much. As far as friends go, not too many so far. I mean I have friends from last year but no new ones quite yet. However, I have met a few people on my floor who seem to be pretty chill so that's always awesome.
Job? Zero at this moment in time. A few weeks from now? most likely not. I'm going to try.
But like I said in my last blog, this year is to succeed beyond myself. That's what i'm here for.
And if I can do that, that maybe a job will pop up somewhere along the lines of this semester.

I already miss my family. . . which is odd. But i'll get over it. It's just weird not having them around. Kinda strange. Like i'm a freshman all over again, except i know where i'm going, how to use my flashcard, and where the good places to eat are.
I also miss my man. I know. . . EVERYONE in the world says that, however i sincerely do.
Jack's in California training before he's off to Iraq (or Afganistan). I'm counting down. . . one month...before i get to see him. But this shall pass too.

Well this entry seemed to be more like a journal rather than a blog. But hey, that's what makes writing, writing. You can write whatever the heck you want and no one gives. It's kinda nice.
Until next time i'm off.

No comments: