Against Divorce

Friday, December 10, 2010

Resurrection

These tears hidden behind these eyes are under no spell.

guiding your words to my heart to where they dwell.

Groveling for breath in this world of men,

no matter I feel trapped once again.

Hearing you speak with those hateful words to me

is like a thousand spears that drown out my soul

and into a dream.

Castrating ever emotion I ever could feel,

if only writing these words could keep my mind sealed.

I don't want to become the demon I once was,

so i give my mind a round of applause.

Begging for mercy to be just like you, but

i'm constantly finding away to make them askew.

Dear mind, i loathe the way you think and the lies you tell me.

How could you become my worst enemy.

Dragging through filth with the dirt on my knees,

all bloodied and buried underneath these feet.

Sought out after the grave of who I buried long ago,

watching it slowly resurrect from head to toe.

Breaking that inner spirit I once thought I head,

shattering my dreams which made this scar bled.

Pain on my skin feels no different then,

suddenly the past is rising from the dead.

No comments: