Against Divorce

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things People Don't Tell You About Sex Before Marriage

Sure, Sex is great. But little do people understand what happens when they have sex before marriage.

Besides what religion you are or what faith you have or besides any spiritual background that you come from, sex before marriage comes with a price later on.

I know because I did; with someone other than my husband.

Not only does it make your spouse possibly jealous but it also complicates the closeness
and openness you may feel about sex later on.

Sex is designed for that bond that you are only suppose to share with your husband or wife.

Having sex before marriage complicates that bond and may not provide that closeness that was intended because it was used loosely (perhaps) in the past.

Sometimes sex before marriage wasn't intended. In some examples, drinking comes into play and others would be persuasion and peer pressure. Examples I can relate to.

I talked to someone about their feeling about sex now that he is married and because he put up a wall before he was married (so he wouldn't get too close to someone) , sex isn't as special or important as what should have been for him now.

Now from my personal experience.

I feel regret and wish I would have waited for the man I married.
Not only for my beliefs but because I now I have regrets and loss. I lost
a best friend (that was a guy) because we had sex one time.
Another reason why i don't drink anymore is because of sex. I made mistakes
and was stupid and let others persuade me into giving away something that I wanted to keep.
Yes, it was my choice however, I let the small voice in my head dissipate.

Everyone has secrets and small regrets about what they wish they would have done differently in life. Even if its to wait for marriage to have sex.

Another thing I want to point out: Most people "This is the one. This is the girl/guy i'm going to marry." But never predict or "think" that the person your having sex with or in a relationship with is the "one". Another direct example of what I thought and how later on I broke it off with that person, although we were close to engagement, I realized our differences in belief or morals and I broke it off. Therefore proving my point; that you never know for "sure" until the day comes when you walk down the aisle or stand there and say your vows to the one you will commit to.
A lot of people are hurt and/or in pain from past relationships, past sexual flings with people leaving and going and things failing between two people. Besides the chance of pregnancy.

We still don't learn. Women and men see this common theme where pain can come from having sex before marriage no matter the situation, but we still do it. We still decide to follow what we "feel" and what we think is right. We need to look at statistics and think how we will feel in the future.

Do we want to live life with regret? Do we want to wish that we would have waited?
Do we want to make sex special? Do we want to wish we would have done it differently?
Do we want to be satisfied with how we made life choices? Do we want to provide and care for children at the age of 16?

Now, because abortion is legal and there is so many ways to "get rid" of children with certain birth controls, plan B and other abortionistic things, teenagers and young adults consider risking sex.

Why has it become such an okay thing? Does tv shows promote this? yes. Why cant we look around and realize what is truly important??

I wish someone would have hit me in the head with this. I wish i could go back and erase those few things. And i believe hearing someone tell you that "You shouldn't do that" wont help but for someone to tell you that it's not worth the pain later on and that standing up for your beliefs is way better. That something to stand up for.

Sex is not overrated. Sex is meant to be special. However, if it occurs before marriage, that gift to your spouse is so much more meaningful and special and wonderful..And all that jealousy and talks about past sexual relationships and the hurt wont be there.

I promise you, it would have been the best choice if I would have just stood up for myself and didn't join the crowd with their lies of something thats "cool" and "great". Who knows...It wasnt.

It would have been much more greater if i would have made the right decision.

Another blunt blog coming your way,

No comments: